Provided that you have a valid motor insurance policy with our firm, the following procedures should apply in case of an accident.
- From 01.04.2008 onwards only parties involved in an accident with material damage may prepare the accident report as per the model provided below, and leave the accident site, should they reach an agreement among themselves.
However, if no agreement can be reached, they will be required to file an application with official authorities and have an accident report and alcohol level report issued.
In the following cases, the accident report should not be issued by the drivers involved and the official authorities must be summoned.
- The driver lacks a driver’s license, or uses a license of an inadequate category
- The driver is a minor
- The driver is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or have mental health problems
- One or more of the vehicles involved in the accident belongs to a government agency
- Property of government agencies are damaged in the accident
- Only third party property is damaged in the traffic accident
- One or more of the vehicles involved lacks statutory traffic insurance
- The traffic accident led to death and/or injury
- If the vehicle is rendered immobile due to the damage (for private cars and light commercial vehicles) you can receive towing and rescue services on a 24/7 basis by calling MAPFRE SİGORTA Roadside Assistance Services at 0212 346 06 66.
- If your vehicle retains its mobility, you will be required to call the agency that issued the policy, or the headquarters, regional directorates, or General Services to have a claim file issued and a surveyor summoned.
- The surveyor sent to assess the vehicle’s damage must be provided with the relevant police report, alcohol report, vehicle’s registration, driver’s license and the bank account details of the vehicle owner.
- If the damage is “Windshield Breakage”, you can call 0212 315 01 83 on a 24/7 basis and receive “Windshield” service. Customers who make use of the contracted service network for “Windshield” services will not see their no-claims discount affected with the first claim, but a second claim will lead to the reduction of the no-claims level by one, and a third claim will remove the no-claims discount altogether. Customers who do not use this system, however, will see their no-claims discount removed altogether even with the first windshield claim.
- Customers who do not use the system but had a 50% or 60% no-claims discount will see their no-claims discount tier reduced by one with the first claim and removed altogether with the second.
- In addition to the documents specified herein, you may be required to submit additional documents as well, with reference to the state of the file.
Click here to download the Accident Report Form to be filled out by the drivers in case of an agreement regarding accidents with material damage..
Click here to receive information about the “Mobile Accident Report” app developed by the Insurance Information and Oversight Center.