Extended Motor Insurance is an insurance policy providing coverage subject to policy limits for your increased financial liability and emergency road assistance services. This regards amounts in excess of the statutory traffic insurance coverage limits with respect to injuries you may inflict on third parties due to an accident your vehicle may suffer, bodily damages the driver and the passengers may incur and financial losses you may incur with respect to your vehicle and your personal belongings in the vehicle.
The current value of the vehicle is set on the basis of the Motor Insurance Value list published by the Association of the Insurance and Reinsurance Companies of Turkey (TSRŞB).
Who is the deciding authority regarding where I can go to get damage repaired using Extended Motor Insurance?
If no agreement has been reached in directing you to a repair location specified on the policy, the insured will be free to choose where to get the repairs from.
- Details regarding the vehicle.
- Information about the insured.
- Territory where the vehicle is used.
- Past claims performance of the insured.
Your motor insurance policy will not be transferred with the vehicle in case of a change of ownership. Your policy will be cancelled and any premium pertaining to unused days will be returned to you. The new owner of the vehicle can, at his/her will, procure new motor insurance.
If you extend your policy entailing a no-claims discount with our firm;
- Claims where you are found to be 100% free from liability will not affect your no-claims discount rate regardless of its current level and your no-claims discount rate will rise to the next level at the end of the term.
- Having one claim, limited to either your windshield or radio player, arising during the policy term will not affect your no-claims discount and your no-claims discount rate will rise to the next level at the end of the term.
- The no-claims discount will be disrupted in case of claims caused on any grounds other than 1 windshield or radio player claim during the policy term. However, if the discount rate applicable to the Insured was 40%, 50%, or 60%, the no-claims discount will fall to the previous tier should an event disrupting the no-claims discount occur. (If the claim in question was repaired at the General Service Vehicle Repair Center, the discount rate will be maintained as it is and will not fall to the previous tier).
Your new insurance firm will set the no-claims discount rate you are entitled to in line with the claims you have experienced and the timeframe you have spent as an insured person so far. No-claims discount terms may vary from firm to firm.
Will I be able to transfer the no-claims discount I have been entitled to with the vehicle I sold, to my new vehicle?
Should you buy a new vehicle of the same usage type, to replace the one you just sold, the no-claims discount will carry over to the new vehicle. In order to enjoy the discount, the policy should be renewed on the applicable date and hence should be maintained without interruption. You can use your no-claims discount for a month following the sale of your vehicle.
The accessories included in the original configuration of your vehicle are covered. Non-original accessories, on the other hand, can be included in your policy coverage by declaring them with brand, type, serial number, and price.
The following no-claims discount levels apply:
- 30% for renewal at the end of the 1st year
- 40% for renewal at the end of the 2nd year
- 50% for renewal at the end of the 3rd year
- 60% for renewal at the end of the 4th year and any subsequent years