Social Responsibility Policy
the legitimate interests of the different
stakeholders that may be affected, and also
assumes the impact of the company’s
activities on the community in general
and the environment.
Nine general principles for action related to:
- Compliance with International Commitments relating to Social Responsibility, subscribed to by MAPFRE.
- Compliance with current national and international laws and regulations in all countries that the Group operates in, adopting complementary international rules and guidelines such as those established by the OECD and International Labor Organization (ILO) agreements, wherever there is not a sufficient or appropriate legal framework.
- Maintaining corporate governance practices.
- Communication and dialog with all stakeholders.
- Commitment to transparency, as a way of conveying and generating trust and credibility among our stakeholders.
- Commitment to Human Rights.
- Fiscal responsibility.
- Conservation and promotion of the Environment.
- Promotion of social responsibility.
- Six specific principles of action related to: employees, shareholders, suppliers, distributors, customers and society.